Liberate Capitalist Paradise

Discussion in 'Government Discussion' started by Afforess, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Afforess

Afforess Active Member Former Delegate Government Vocals

Resolution: https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=nierr_1404845974

Background: The resolution is punishment for a draft proposal I wrote, "Liberate Haven", in the security council forums. I have not submitted the draft, but its existence was problematic enough to cause both a Condemn Shadow Afforess and Liberate Capitalist Paradise thread to be spawned.

Outcome: If the Liberation passes, the World Assembly delegate will not be able to password protect the region. The founder will still remain able to assign a password. No other changes will occur.

Possible Countermeasures:

1.) Appeal tit for tat rules to make the legislation illegal
    The attempt failed, moderators ruled it was legal

2.) Write a targeted telegram to the 84+ approvers of the submitted legislation to attempt to have them rescind their approval. We only need about 10 of them to rescind the approval for the resolution to fail to reach quorum.

3.) Write a condemnation resolution and campaign hard for it to be approved. If it reaches quorum we could agree to drop the condemnation if the author drops the liberation proposal.

4.) Campaign against the resolution and telegram all WA members when it reaches a vote.

5.) Write & submit a repeal resolution to remove the liberation. This can only be done after the liberation passes. A draft is already on the Security Council forums.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  2. Capitalist Producers

Capitalist Producers Confirmed Nation

I think the moderators are targeting us. Do you think opening our RMB to the outside world led to this?

3. Afforess

Afforess Active Member Former Delegate Government Vocals

I doubt it. It's clearly retaliation for my draft of Liberate Haven.

I updated the post with countermeasures.

4. Agripa

Agripa Confirmed Nation

This is some bullshit. Have you appealed the deletion yet?

5. Nation of Quebec

Nation of Quebec Member Former Delegate Government Vocals

Someone on the RMB suggested writing a condemnation of the person who wrote the Liberation. I would be willing to draft such a proposal with assistance depending on how this whole thing goes. It's obvious the proposal's author is in the WA for all the wrong reasons.

6. Capitalist Producers

I think we should condemn the moderators.

7. Acario

Acario Member Delegate Government Vocals

How about writing a liberate bill for each region supporting the Liberate CP? This would be legal under the title for tat grounds since the mods are approving the behavior.

8. Nation of Quebec

Nation of Quebec Member Former Delegate Government Vocals

That would make us look rather petty. We should try to avoid giving ourselves even more negative press right now.

9. Capitalist Producers

Can't see why. At this point it seems to me we should stir up all the bad press we can get.

10. Agripa

Agripa Confirmed Nation

I agree. Tit for Tat is exactly the way to her the RP'ers.