An interesting article by Wayne Root

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Capitalist Producers, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Capitalist Producers

Capitalist Producers Confirmed Nation

Here are a few highlights from Root's editorial column "Why ObamaCare is a fantastic success."

The GOP needs to stop calling ObamaCare a “trainwreck.” That means it’s a mistake, or accident. That means it’s a gigantic flop, or failure. It’s NOT.

This is a brilliant, cynical, and purposeful attempt to damage the U.S. economy, kill jobs, and bring down capitalism.

It’s not a failure, it’s Obama’s grand success.

It’s not a “trainwreck,” ObamaCare is a suicide attack. He wants to hurt us, to bring us to our knees, to capitulate- so we agree under duress to accept big government.
    -and-

Message to the GOP: This isn’t a game. This isn’t tiddly-winks. This is a serious, purposeful attempt to highjack America and destroy capitalism. [1]​

I would be interested to hear the thoughts of others that read this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    [1] http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/21/why-obamacare-is-fantastic-success/

2. Lun Noir

Lun Noir Confirmed Nation

With regards to federal government, I never chalk up to malice what can be more easily explained with incompetence.

3. Mike the Progressive

Mike the Progressive Confirmed Nation

While I have some issues with Obamacare, I don't see it as being a malicious attempt to destroy capitalism. Misguided, certainly. But again, it's more incompetence than anything else.

4. Capitalist Producers

I used to want to think the best about my government. Alas, the more I see the Obama administration at work, the less I can buy that.

While Obamacare may not be an overt attempt to end capitalism, it is painfully clear it is designed to screw up the system so badly the government has no choice then to step in with a single payer system.

It is my humble opinion Obamacare is designed to create such an albatross that the people will find it unpalatable. At that point in time the liberals think they will be able to sweep in with something along the lines of, "Ok, ok, this sucks. We're going to scrap the whole thing and put the government in charge of paying all the medical bills."

This cannot be allowed to happen.

5. Lun Noir

I do not agree that this is 'by design' and do not see that conclusion as obvious at all. Call them stupid or naive for it, but I am pretty certain that the politicians who put the program together do believe that it can and will work. They did not have secret meetings in dark rooms and hooded cloaks where they drafted this long term plan to destroy capitalism, and there is no liberal bogeyman.

I'm not arguing whether Obamacare will work or not, just saying that the intentions of those who made it is genuine, even if the result is believed to be misguided.

6. Capitalist Producers

While I agree that liberals as a whole are not smart enough to carry off a plan like that, I disagree this is not an attempt at complete government takeover of healthcare in this country. Even Obama himself admitted he knew millions were going to lose their health insurance before this is over. The OMB told him as much and published those results in the Federal Register three years ago.

I can buy one coincidence. On a good day if I am feeling generous, even two coincidences. But there is no way I am buying into this whole string of coincidences that led us to where we are right now. This is especially true when the people in charge keep lying to us, even after it is pointed out that what they are saying cannot possibly true and why.

The odds against this being a planned out attack toward the now obvious conclusion are astronomical. There are some remarkably intelligent liberals out there. Somebody planned this out. Probably just a hand full of people, but a few people knew. Those few more then likely lied to the rest of the liberal sheep who were too timid to check it out for themselves.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  7. Lun Noir

Mmmm, while I see the same events, I arrive at a different conclusion. I've seen enough Government fuck-ups to believe that it is entirely incompetence, rather than malice, and that is even within much smaller Government organizations.

Going to just agree to disagree on this one, Cap.