Greetings.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ashton Mercer, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Ashton Mercer

Ashton Mercer New Member

Hello, this is Ashton Mercer. It's been ages since I have logged on to any forums other than Ainur's, so forgive me for being a bit slow. Should I begin my speech here?

2. Kaputer

Kaputer New Member Former Delegate Vocals

Go ahead

3. Ashton Mercer

Ashton Mercer New Member

Thank you.

So, I am sure that most of us are aware of the reason for the sudden influx of Ainur puppets (which were done by a person with a history for filling banlists) and the sudden appearance of an Ainur delegate.

About nine hours ago, a WA bill commending Afforess was introduced to the forums. However, one of our members who is quite active in WA saw this and immediately showed certain... wrongdoings that shot the bill down almost immediately, not the least of which was the fact that he sent a few telegrams to Ainur during a very chaotic period recruiting from her, a move that the Ainur member declared was on par with actions of the Black Riders, a notorious region.

Approximately five hours ago, Ainur and her allies received a new mass recruitment telegram from Afforess. While the timing of the first recruitment telegram was distasteful to many, this latest telegram was an outrage. And while I have no desire to increase tensions, Ainur and her allies would like an explanation.

4. Afforess

Afforess Active Member Former Delegate Government Vocals

It should be noted that I did not ask for the commendation, nor did I support it. Feux may confirm this with you if you wish to verify it. It is pure coincidence that Feux submitted it at the same time as these events.

I sent this explanation to other members of governments recently: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49805/explanation.png

In addition, I plan to write up documentation in 2 weeks in the technical forums on how successful my recruitment was, what regions had the most response, etc. Consider it a scientific curiosity.

5. Ashton Mercer

Ashton Mercer New Member

So, according to you this whole thing was a giant scientific test? And you neglected to send an explanation to Ainur's delegate.

6. Drasnia

Drasnia Member Former Delegate Vocals

I can attest that Feux asked to write a commendation on IRC. Afforess didn't want him too, but he went ahead anyway.

7. Ponderosa

Ponderosa New Member

I doubt the Commendation was the cause of this.

8. Afforess

I saw no need. If I explained myself preemptively for every action I take, I would have no time to do anything.

9. Ashton Mercer

Ashton Mercer New Member

The main issue here is not the Commendation. It's the actions following it that are my major concern.

10. Drasnia

The commendation has nothing to do with it. It was a fluke, coincidence.

11. Ashton Mercer

Ashton Mercer New Member

No offense, but that is a horrible excuse. You do realize how this made you and your region look, right?

12. Ponderosa

Ponderosa New Member

So we're basically what the New Mexico desert was to the atom bomb.

13. Ashton Mercer

Ashton Mercer New Member

Ponderosa, please refrain from posting here for the time being.

14. Ponderosa

Ponderosa New Member

Of course. I just liked my analogy.

15. Afforess

Insensitive? I alluded to that in the telegram, didn't I? So yes, I do.

16. Ashton Mercer

Ashton Mercer New Member

Not insensitive. More like aggressive. Before conducting these little "scientific tests," consider who you are sending them to and notify them accordingly. Not to mention that the telegram itself could have actually made nations turn over to CP. Doing a telegram test that doesn't appear to actually a test is frankly unacceptable.

17. Afforess

Revealing the nature of the telegrams would have ruined the effectiveness of the test.

18. Ashton Mercer

Ashton Mercer New Member

You don't test a gun by shooting it at the nearest man. Your telegram could have done and probably did some damage to the target region's populations!

19. Drasnia

But if all Afforess did was send a TG saying that it was a test, it would be considered spam, and he's already been warned about that. (when he was using TG's to sync setting with the NS++ extension)

And what Affy said just now.

EDIT:
    I won't even comment on that. It is a strawman.

20. Ashton Mercer

Ashton Mercer New Member

Personally, I would have preferred spam to unwarranted recruitment telegrams.