Roleplay Regional Map

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Afforess, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Afforess

Afforess Active Member Former Delegate Government Vocals

Is anyone interested in creating and maintaining a regional map? Or multiple someones?

Having a regional map of the Capitalist Paradise would be awesome. We had one about 2 years ago, but The Mago, our mapmaker got busy with real life and CTE.

I'm afraid I am not particularly talented when it comes to art.

2. Kaputer

Kaputer New Member Former Delegate Vocals

Does the old map still exist?

3. Afforess

Afforess Active Member Former Delegate Government Vocals

Nope. I dug up the links from TheMago's old forum posts, but the links were all dead.

4. Kaputer

Kaputer New Member Former Delegate Vocals

Damn do we know how he did the map?

5. Platypuses

Platypuses Confirmed Nation

I can do one, but I make take some time because my graphic editor is on my PC with a virus, which will be back online in a few days. My dad is a professional graphic designer, and he has shown me some stuff on how to make good graphics, so a map should be no prob. I won't be able to include everyone, due to size, but I will include as many as possible. Message me if you want to be one of the 40 other than the government and me(there will be a total of 50)

6. Rashaulgia

Rashaulgia Confirmed Nation

Cool stuff, I'd like to be featured on this map. I don't want to be landlocked.

7. Panageadom

Panageadom Confirmed Nation

It'd certainly be good of you to do one. I did rather like the old one, and it was possibly the one thing that could actually tempt me to tip my toe into RPing. If you're working on it, I should like a sufficiently large isolated island that its dozy original tribal inhabitants could believe they were living on the only landmass in the sea, shaped roughly like Japan's Kyushu island. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyushu

8. Drasnia

Drasnia Member Former Delegate Vocals

A regional map, huh? I like that. Hope we can do some RP'ing. (Ok, I'm a geek, alright. Sheesh! You don't have to beat me up about it.)

9. Empire of Rickgrad

Empire of Rickgrad New Member

it would look better if we used the IRL world as a map overlay. Otherwise it'll look like a blob of colors recreated on MSPaint like so many other regional maps.

10. Drasnia

I do have access to Adobe Illustrator and I have knowledge on how to use it, not to mention a love for drawing maps. . .

11. Nation of Quebec

Nation of Quebec Member Former Delegate Government Vocals

Has there been any progress in our search for a cartographer?

If we do get a map I would like to see something similar to what we had before; which included a capital city and two most populous cities, regional landmarks, and important geographical features.

12. Drasnia

13. schweizweld

schweizweld Confirmed Nation

I'm new here, I'd like to be added to the map if it is still available.

14. Vallenia

Vallenia Guest

hey I'm new can I be added in the map as well?

15. Lun Noir

Lun Noir Confirmed Nation

I've started breaking ground on an updated regional map.

16. Beijuo

Beijuo Confirmed Nation

It looks great! Keep up the good work!

17. Indian Empire

Indian Empire Confirmed Nation

I want a spot too. put me on the coast line,please

18. Capitalist Producers

Capitalist Producers Confirmed Nation

As we were founded by a nation or pirates, a place on the coast surrounded by mountains would be nice.

19. Drasnia

Work on this map is being discontinued. Lun Noir's soon finished version is much better.

20. Indian Empire

Indian Empire Confirmed Nation

I can create one for free